October 8, 2014

Favorite Fall Drink

I confess…

I don’t love coffee. I know! I KNOW! Please don’t hate me.

I just can’t deal with the flavor drinking it. I’ve tried. I’ve tried drinking it with different syrups, flavors, sugars, whatever. Nothing works. Even the pumpkin spice ones. I only ever drink it if I’m to be driving long distances and need something to keep me awake. At which point I get it iced so that as the ice melts it tastes less and less like coffee.

HOWEVER, I do like dipping my donuts in coffee. I also LOVE the smell of coffee. 



Still, I have a Starbucks favorite. Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate  Some people get freaked out by the salted part, but it is amazing. I wish it were under 90 degrees here so I could enjoy this today, but it’s super-hot. I have to wait another month before it’ll be cool enough to drink. They put the salt on the top, and add caramel and toffee syrup. The toffee is what really makes it amazing. It should be called Salted Toffee Caramel Hot Chocolate.



I’ll sometimes have this during the year, even once the stores run out of the salt. I just ask them to make it with the toffee. Of course that toffee makes it so high in everything that it’s horribly bad for you, but I don’t have it often, so that makes it okay, right?

If you’re ever in the mood for hot chocolate I definitely recommend this drink at Starbucks!

Making Melissa

The Hump Day Blog Hop

Vodka and Soda


6 comments :

  1. If I drink coffee it has to have all that "good stuff" in it! Love the smell tho!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hot chocolate sounds pretty amazing. Way better than the powdered stuff from the box! I am a huge coffee fan though. I used to be a snob about it and HAD to have flavor, but now I must be addicted because as long as it's good coffee, I can drink it with regular cream and sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the opposite! I love coffee, the flavor, the smell, the delicious taste. I don't even use any sweetener, I like it better without. Just a little bit of cream. Mmmm coffee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like coffee either. I also love the smell. And I've tried that salted caramel hot chocolate. I enjoyed it. Panera Bread also makes fabulous hot chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is my favorite hot chocolate, too! Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds delicious. I'm gonna have to try it next time I go.

    ReplyDelete