October 13, 2014

Fall Dates

I love Fall, except that we don’t really have one here. I mean, we’re just about in mid-October and the forecast calls for 90 degrees for the next 10 days.

Also, Thomas and I don’t really go on “dates”. We usually just stay in or go to his parents’ house for events. That doesn’t mean I wouldn’t like some dates!

Assuming the weather cools down and we get some fall-like temperatures, I would love to go to a pumpkin patch to pick some pumpkins. Who am I kidding, I’ll go even if it’s 90 out.  I’ve never actually done this before, but it seems like so much fun. Now that we have our own home we can decorate and I love fall decorations. I already bought some mini pumpkins to put in the living room.





We headed to the festival at the local college/farm. I had never noticed that they had a pumpkin patch. They had freshly growing pumpkins but mostly they had pumpkins that had been placed there. Either way we had fun and found a nice sized pumpkin for $4!

Haunted Festivals! I love to be scared. I love to feel protected by my husband even more. Although it has been my experience that more than protect me he delivers me to the people doing the scaring. Either way, I enjoy going to the haunted houses. This year we had free tickets!

On Saturday night we went to The Rise of the Jack O Lanternshttp://therise.org/ - an event that is hosted in Los Angeles and New York every year. It's about 5,000 pumpkins (or funkins) that are carved out. They have a ton of amazing ones:





Movies. I guess this doesn’t really pertain to being an autumn date, but we never really go out to the movies. We usually watch them at home, which is nice, but it can get boring, too. I think there are a couple I’d like to check out in the next couple of months.

We didn't go on a date to the movies, but we did go see the Alexander movie with my brother and the kids on Sunday afternoon. Very cute movie! 

I’m pretty lame. These are as fun as it gets in my head. I’m looking forward to reading other dating ideas to beef my calendar up a bit!


2 comments :

  1. I LOVE movie dates! My husband and I go on those and restaurants.

    I'd love to go to a haunted house. I'd be freaked, but it would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dates are important to keep doing. Taking time for one another helps keep you close and keeps that spark alive!

    ReplyDelete