November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! 

I am so thankful today. 2016 has been a rough year for me (as I know it has been for many people... especially this month). This year has brought the absolute hardest days of my life to some of the best. 

The other day I was thinking that I will have spent 9 months of the year pregnant and 3 more months next year, so in a period of 15 months I will have been pregnant for 12 months (with a 3 month break in Spring). 

I am sitting here, on my couch, under a cozy blanket early in the morning on Thanksgiving Day and I feel baby Logan moving every once and again. Last weekend I went through a hard time because I hadn't felt him move since Friday morning and it freaked me out. I had been feeling him pretty consistently throughout the days and then all weekend it stopped. 

On Sunday afternoon I put the doppler to find the heartbeat, which I found right away, which definitely made me feel better - especially when he bumped against it and moved away. Then at 3am Monday morning I got up to use the restroom and when I came back to bed he was having a party. I can tell I am already in trouble when it comes to sleeping when he is born! 

Since the he has once again been moving enough to keep me happy. Last night, especially, I felt him just about every time I woke up to use the bathroom. 

I cannot explain how incredibly happy it makes me to feel him move. The feeling was weird at the beginning, but it is now so very comforting. To know that I have a little human growing inside of me... It is amazing. I so absolutely love knowing he is inside of me and feeling him move. 

Ahhhh! Like I said, I can't explain the feeling. It is the nicest thing. Thomas has yet to feel Logan, but hopefully he will soon. I have been able to feel him kick by putting my hand on my abdomen, but it can be hard to feel and it takes patience. I was able to see a kick one time, but not since. 

Next year will be so different. I am going to enjoy our last Thanksgiving (and other holidays) with Logan inside of me instead of out.  I am going to give thanks for being given a 2nd change to become a mom and that everything is going so well. I am so grateful for this opportunity and for all the people who pushed us forward and held us up this year. 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!


 photo HampM Fox Sig_zpsgdvnqk6z.png

No comments :

Post a Comment