February 6, 2015

10 Awesome Things - Backstreet Style

In honor of the Backstreet Boys releasing their documentary “Show ‘Em What You Are Made Of” last week, I dedicate this month’s Awesome Things to them.

1. The Backstreet Boys have been around for over 20 years and have released 8 albums which have sold over 130 million copies – more than any other group (boy band) in history.

2. They are truly devoted to their fans. They host cruises every year that allow fans to get up close and personal with them. They stop to sign autographs whenever they can. They don’t spit on their fans. And when you do meet them they talk to you like they’ve known you forever and are a friend – not just like a “fan”.

3. Their music is amazing. Their voices harmonize incredibly well together and it can bring me up from a bad mood at any time.

4. Now my nearly 13 year old niece is obsessed with them – which is awesome. It’s a connection we have and we love to watch their videos together.

5. They are honest. They share their trials and tribulations with the public. From alcoholism and drug addictions, to loves and heart breaks, to vocal cord problems, they are open and honest with the fans – it makes a difference.

6. They made a movie/documentary that gives us an even broader view into their lives. The documentary was great, I loved it and can’t wait to see the extra footage when they release it.

7. They perform amazing concerts. From doing it in the round so that there were front row seats all around, to flying high above the fans and getting closer to the ones higher up in nose bleed seats. Their shows are never boring, the guys are moving the majority of the time – dancing their butts off. They do a capella songs and sing-alongs to keep the audience involved.

8. Now that they are on their own label and they get to choose which songs go on the albums and which don’t I’ve found that their songs have improved lyrically and performance wise. These songs matter to them and it shows in the songs themselves. They are also utilizing more of each of their talents instead of sticking to one or two lead singers.

9. They show the determination to keep performing and putting out music as long as the fans are around – which they will be if they continue to produce the music they do and stay true to the fan base.

10. I’m not big into music, I typically listen to talk radio in the car. I will like certain songs every now and then – but with them… I can be obsessed. The music, the performance, and the men themselves. It has been amazing to grow with them and see how they’ve changed and the things they’ve gone through. It is awesome that something that I’ve loved since I was 13 is still around now that I’m 30!



post signature

8 comments :

  1. I love BSB soo much. I just can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I was obsessed with them when I was a teenager! I still love their music today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because they are awesome and you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! LOOOOVVEEE bsb!! They were my favorite as a teenager. My sister liked N'Sync so we used to argue about who was the better band. Clearly, BSB wins. ;)

    ReplyDelete