August 25, 2014

On My Mind....

The following is the random things that have been rolling around my mind the last few weeks. 

...I used to, when I started my current job, try to fit in with a group of girls. It sort of worked. I ended up eating lunch with them and going out to lunch with them on Fridays. But I always got the feeling that I was the fifth wheel. So when I got engaged in November of last year it was automatic for me to spend my breaks and lunches in my cubicle so that I could plan the wedding. I only had 4.5 months to plan it after all. Apparently they were offended (or so it seemed to me).  Either way I started enjoying spending the time on my own. I began being better friends with a unit member who sits near me...and I have to say I feel better. I feel like I don't have to pretend to be someone else. And I don't have to worry about what others think about me. I'm very grateful I found it in me to realize this. I'm also thankful that it makes me feel so good every day.



... The Ice Bucket Challenge. They are awesome and that is all there is to say. I know there are tons of other things going on in the world that we should be worrying about, but that doesn't make this any less important. There have been tons of naysayers out there. I don't know what their reasoning is behind poopooing the challenge, but I say forget them. The campaign has raised nearly (or over) $50 million! That's a lot of money over a period of less than a month. Also the idea that it has contributed to the drought that we are in is stupid. When you take a long shower you are wasting an incredible amount of water, same when you leave the faucet running when brushing your teeth. In addition some of the people are saving water by doing it right before a shower, in oceans, streams, lakes, or rivers, or like me In a swimming pool. So lay off the high horse, you are not fooling anyone.



...I've had a lack of deep posts lately, which I relate to feeling overwhelmed lately. Although people say that I'm good at multitasking I can't seem to get anything taken care of without getting my office organized. I had gotten control of it but then it spiraled out of control. With the last few weekends being super busy I haven't had a chance to work on it. This weekend was no different. I spent weekend mornings doing grocery shopping and then the afternoons at game groups.

Thomas leaves for work early next month so I'm going to take advantage and use the time to finish getting the house put together.

...trainings suck. I had to be trained (along with many coworkers) in a program at work. The head of the training a section at my job gave my office a guide for us. Except the guide is designed for different offices, not a call center so it had a lot of information that we didn't need and was missing a lot of what we should know. Which made sitting through 5 days of the training mostly torture.

I hope everyone has a good Monday and a great week! My weekend included playing lots of games with strangers, grocery shopping,  and not cleaning the office. We went to dinner on Saturday night with my family and then went to see The Giver at the theater. All in all a good weekend! 


Ember Grey

Ameliorer la Vie

6 comments :

  1. Was the Giver any good? I wanted to see it, but there's SO many new movies I want to see. I usually end up having to wait for Blu Ray though. I'm glad you're not worrying about what others think of you at work. You're awesome and you should know it! Forget the #haters. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, it feels SO nice to just be yourself - esp in the work environment. So glad you've found that and a unit buddy who allows you to be :) I've been wanting to see The Giver but have heard mixed reviews... what did you think?! Thanks for linking up today, Kathy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How was The Giver? It looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, it's so much easier to be youself. I probably should try to be a little more social at lunch time but I just get all bogged down with more work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you found a friend at work that you fit with, I've definitely been in the awkward outsider position and it's really no fun! Also, totally in agreement with you on the Ice Bucket Challenge (it made my list too), I think it's amazing how much was raised in a month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering about seeing that movie. Is it good?

    ReplyDelete