August 8, 2014

Pits & Peaks Of the Week

It’s been a semi-eventful week. 

PEAKS:
/ / On Tuesday we attended the last movie in the park which was combined with National Night Out. They showed the Lego Movie which, apparently, is Jonathan’s favorite movie. As I’ve mentioned in the past the event is free and it includes free dinner, popcorn, and face painting. Since this time it was combined with NNO (I made the abbreviation up) they had booths from around town (the Valley) as well as LAPD and Target. Yes, Target! 

Target gave away some notebooks, colored pencils, pens, and crayons in addition to some blow up beach balls and Frisbees. They held raffles for some backpacks, too. The best part, though, was that they had 3 different stores represented. Each one had some butcher paper and they gave the kids the opportunity to put their handprints on the paper. I haven’t gone to our Target to see it yet but I’ll post a picture when I do. 

/ / Wednesday night I abandoned Thomas again (he didn’t go to the movie in the park) and went shopping with my mom. We didn’t buy anything, but we got out of the house and Jonathan got to play in the mall playground which he enjoyed. I also scheduled Nikki and appointment to get her hair cut at JC Penney ($10 back to school special!) for Sunday morning. 


/ / Thursday I was able to spend (finally) some time with Thomas and make some yummy pork dinner. I’ve discovered that I really like pork and it’s really low in calories, which fits into my calorie counting diet. I don’t know how much Thomas actually likes pork, but until he complains I’ll keep making it. I make him mashed potatoes or rice with the pork along with a veggie for him to enjoy. 

/ / My supervisor came back from her vacation on Tuesday. I adore my supervisor and she definitely makes my life at work easier. 

/ / On Thursday we received Cards Against Humanity in the mail! I cannot wait to play it! 

PITS:

/ /  I really can't think of any pits for this week. 



6 comments :

  1. I keep hearing about that card game. I'm thinking I need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you didn't have any pits! :) It's always nice to get along with a supervisor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats pretty awesome that you havent got any pits! ive heard the lego movie is quite good, will have to watch it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a good week! the movie night in the park sounds so fun. and cards against humanity is so hilarious and so wrong haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your comment on another post and saw that you're a fellow Big Brother fan, so I had to pop over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Cards Against Humanity. Have fun playing!

    ReplyDelete