April 13, 2015

The Type of Blogging I Like

I’ve tried. It might not look like it, but I have been trying to do better at blogging.


But right now it seems that I just cannot find the time to post in the same consistency as many of you do.

I go to work, I come home and take Lance out for a walk immediately (so that he doesn’t pee or poo inside) and then come back to make dinner. This takes me to about 6:30pm. Dinner will be done by7:30pm (usually) and then… then all I want to do is sit and eat and watch TV. Then I have to clean and wash and do laundry. Which never ends. (what will I do when it’s more than just my husband and me?).

Lately I’ve been catching up on Game of Thrones. My husband loves it and since when it started I didn’t have HBO I never watched it other than an episode here or there when I was over at his house (prior to getting married). So I’ve been binge watching for the past couple of weeks.

I guess that since I’m on the computer all day at work I really have no interested in being on the computer when I get home. Usually days go by without me even opening it up.

Sometime I do catch myself saying many times to the people around me, including my husband when he asks me to play a game with him, is that I have “no time”.  I’m always busy doing something. And what has started to happen is that I put blogging to the back burner. Then I feel guilty about it. Then I feel guilty about not commenting (I am reading!) on your posts.

I don’t want to feel guilty. I don’t want this to be a job that I feel forced to come to. I want it to be fun.

So I… am not going to say that I’m closing down shop. I’m just going to post when I want to post.  I’m going to post what I want to post and when I want to post it. I’ll continue with my link up on Sundays (1st and 3rd of the month) and continue trying to use it to inspire me to lose some pounds.

I’m going to take this blog to the days of when posts were more like journals – that’s what I always liked. Sort of like an escape. Not as personal as a written journal, but still talking about my life and what is going on with me.

I hope you’ll stick around. You’ll keep my on BlogLovin’. Who knows, maybe I’ll be able to manage my time better and come back to regular posting.

In the meantime I am grateful for having been a part of something special and I shall continue to be grateful if I can stay in some way part of the “tribe”.



post signature

2 comments :

  1. it all so gets hard trying to juggle every thing i totally agree! Especially with being on a PC all day at work too...sometimes you just want to be screen-free at home!

    I find that sometimes though - you say you are really busy and have no time - but they there is somehow always time to catch up on the latest episode of Nashville :) but then I say don't make excuses for any of your behavior - do what YOU need to do and WHEN you want to do it. Don't feel you need to conform just because others are doing something. I feel that with blogging. Its your space and your time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done great by realizing that you need to step aside for a bit and put your life first!

    ReplyDelete