June 26, 2014

TBT: Favorite Vacation

I don't remember specific vacations, at least not in the way I see family vacations on TV. When my siblings were little in Argentina my parents took them on family vacations to Brazil another areas. By the time I was old enough to remember family vacations my entire family wasn't together. 

I was two when my sister left for college and three when my brother left. My other sister was on dialysis so we couldn't go far. After my sister received her transplant in 1987 we did take some trips to the Grand Canyon, Vegas, Baja California and up to the Bay Area. 

In 1991, ten years after my family came to the US, my mom took me and my brother back to Argentina. My brother was 21 and I was 7 at the time. 

This would become my most memorable family vacation I got to really meet my grandma and all of my aunts, uncles, and cousins - which I have a lot of!

In additional to getting to know all of these people we got to spend Christmas at my grandmother's house out of all my trips this one I remember the most.

Later that trip we went to Bariloche (the same place I went on my honeymoon), Mar del Plata and to the beach as well as other cities. 


Can you spot me? This is a hotel my grandparents vacationed in. I took a picture there with Thomas as Well! 

Bariloche, Argentina - 1991/1992



This is in front of "El Abuelo" - a very oooollld tree. It died a few years ago.

This is our classic family picture. Except for the two youngest grandchildren, all of us have a picture in front of this tree. Thomas included!


I had a great time and so thankful that my mom took me!

Linked Up with...



Peaches in Missouri

and

Treasure Tromp

and


The Grits Blog


3 comments :

  1. this is so great that you got to go back after you moved to the US. and what a cute little kid you were! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argentina looks beautiful! I wanna go!

    ReplyDelete