April 17, 2014

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful today and every day, but I feel more so these past couple of days.

/ / - While my sister is in the ICU at the moment, things are not looking terrible. In fact they have been looking better. While it sucks that she is there and going through this, she is now in a wonderful hospital that has amazing doctors and smart, caring nurses (and a bunch of others who I can’t even begin to name). The prognosis that we were given at the first hospital was very bleak, but the one we are being given at this one is amazing.

She is very sick, but she is doing better. She is healing as far as her kidney goes. While her kidney function was down a week ago it has now returned to almost normal. The doctors have been amazed at her recovery – as far as infection and the like. She is still in serious condition and still needs a lot of care and recuperation time, but from a week ago until now things have improved tenfold. I am immensely grateful for this.

/ /  - I am grateful that my mom has been able to be by my side in preparing for the wedding and the purchasing/moving into our new condo. My mom is amazing and she is so helpful. She knows what I need, what I should and shouldn’t get and how to fix and clean anything. I don’t know what I would do without her.

/ / - I am beyond grateful that we are done with our realtor. She was the biggest headache and was the reason for many arguments between Thomas and I over the course of the last 6 weeks. She did e-mail me again post-closing escrow and I happily put that message in the trash bin. Plus we have a condo!

/ / - I am also incredibly grateful for my fiancée. I have been a mess lately. Between a lack of sleep, stress about my sisters condition, finishing wedding details, and closing on the house… I have not been an easy person to be around. I recognize it and I’m sorry about my behavior but sometimes I can’t stop. Thomas is so patient with me and so giving to my needs, even if I might not recognize it at the moment. He may soon be listed as a saint, I think.

/ / - My coworkers. I am so thankful for the support they have provided me. They will ask me about what’s going on and listen to all of my life come spilling out. They also threw me a bridal shower on Tuesday.

/ / - I am so so thankful for you – my readers. I love getting your comments, I’m sorry I haven’t responded to all of them. I haven’t been on my computer a lot and I am a horrible e-mailer on my phone (I am very impatient with it!). Once things calm down I promise that I will be faster at replying and interacting in that way!





 photo himsignature_zps66b5c889.png

4 comments :

  1. Good riddance you're done with the realtor! :) Wishing you a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I feel like we need to have a party celebrating the fact you no longer have to deal with your realtor.
    I'm so glad to hear that your sister is getting better. Sending lots of good healthy vibes her way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad your sister is doing better!

    ReplyDelete