April 23, 2014

Wednesday Confessional

So it’s a hectic week. I’m getting married in just 3 days! Can you believe it? Well, I can’t… and it’s brought on these confessions:

// ONE Maybe I was a bit of a bridezilla. I was accused of it by my sister and my fiancée. I guess it depends on your definition of the term? If it means that I wanted my wedding to be the way I envisioned it and not the way my cousin or his sister or the neighbors aunt did, then I’m a bridezilla. If it means that I got upset when things got changed on me after they had been planned for a while, then yes, I am a bridezilla. However, I think that for the one day that is mine and his (and when he has no opinion) I should be able to have it the way I want it and not someone else’s vision. Bridezilla or not.

// TWO That said, I probably should have been more patient with the people I was dealing with. I lost my tempter often over the past few months, and if I could do it over again I would probably nod, smile, and then just do it my way.

// THREE I’m going slightly crazy these days. I know that I have just about everything under control. There are so many details that I have to remember. So many small things that have to be done in order for the whole thing to come together… and they are all freaking me out. My MOH asked me if I was nervous yet, I told her that I’m too busy to be nervous.

// FOUR I’m REALLY looking forward to my honeymoon and am so relieved to have the tickets purchased, even If we paid a lot more than I ever wanted to pay. I CANNOT wait to see my family – that I haven’t see in over 6 years. There will be a party/reception for them. We’ll see how comfortable Thomas feels at the party and around my family. He says I should be comfortable around his since we are now one family, so he better be comfortable around mine J.

// FIVE I probably spent too much money on getting my car washed, but now it is sparkly inside and out AND it all happened while I was at work and in the work parking lot. Time saver!

// SIX I’m going to have some drinks. I’m picking up my MOH at the airport tomorrow night and I cannot wait to go sit at a bar, have some appetizers and drink a couple of martini’s. As each day goes by I feel a bit more stressed out, so that will be a welcomed girl night.

// SEVEN I am bringing on more work on myself by deciding to make jello shots tomorrow night. I’m crazy, I know. The inspiration were the ones a friend made for my bridal shower at work (although those were non-alcoholic). So cute!


 photo himsignature_zps66b5c889.png

8 comments :

  1. I think I'm going to be a bridezilla - just for the fun of it. Save me a Jello Shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wedding is about the couple, but other people tend to forget that and try to press their own ideas onto the bride and groom. My mom is doing this to me now... So I can completely understand your "bridezilla" behavior. I have a feeling I'm going to have to put my bridezilla pants on and put my foot down with my own family at some point during the planning of our wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think bides get a pass on being a bridezilla honestly. Its your day! Diva out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three days! So exciting. Try to take the time to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love getting my car detailed because i hate doing that myself :)

    thanks for linking up!
    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats girl!!! Wow three days?! I'm getting married in nine!!! I can't even believe it's so close! I agree to all of these especially number 1! It's like...sorry I have a vision for the wedding??? My mom has definitely been hard to deal with through the process since she just wants to take over....sigh...it'll all be worth it in the end! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think everyone deserves a bit of Bridezilla-ness, as long as they don't go overboard. xx, Elizabeth

    www.octoberjune.com

    ReplyDelete