April 18, 2014

Throwback Thursday (on Friday) Easter Edition

I’m a couple of days late on this, but I wanted to join in the fun of Easter memories.

My parents never took me to church for Easter and I don’t remember ever going on egg hunts, although I have vague memories of coloring eggs at some point during my childhood. Still, I have fond memories of Easter.

My eldest sister is 15 years older than me and she married when I was 8. Her husband is a great guy and means as much to me as my blood siblings do. For spring break every year I would fly up to visit her and my brother in law on my own. Los Angeles Unified’s spring break is always the week prior to Easter, so my dad would pick me up from the airport on Easter Sunday.

In the back seat I would always find a chocolate bunny. He doesn’t remember that he did this, and he never told my mom (it was our secret!) but my memories of it are fond. Later, when I was older, he stopped so I always joke with him about it.

When my nieces were younger and I was single I would make hardboiled eggs and dye them. As they grew older and I got busier I stopped doing that. However, up until this year I’ve taken my niece and nephew Easter egg hunting at various locations near us. I would do so again this year, but they have been in Spain for 2 weeks AND I’m a tiny bit busy with house/wedding/honeymoon/sister in the hospital. Hopefully their parents will be up to taking them.

Linking Up with....

Throwback Thursday Stories




 photo himsignature_zps66b5c889.png

4 comments :

  1. Thanks for linking up with us! <3 I love coloring eggs. Here's to making new memories with your growing family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cute, I like it! I always liked Easter when I was little, because it usually meant that it was finally spring! xx, Elizabeth

    www.octoberjune.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww this is so cute!! I'm glad you posted your TBT story, even if it was a day late!! We don't care! <3

    ReplyDelete