April 3, 2014

You will never find me...

I saw Two Martinis do this the other day and then I saw a link-up for today, so I thought I’d put in my own list.

You will never find me…

// Exercising. I just hate it. I don’t like to sweat and just about any type of exercise will require sweating. So no thank you. If I want to lose weight I much prefer cutting back what I eat than going for a run or to the gym. That’s not to say I haven’t tried it, because I have and I hate it.

// Eating fish. I will, on occasion eat shrimp, but not seafood and not lobster or crab. Again, I’ve tried them but the smell and the consistency grosses me out. Just no.

// Being Laid Back. Okay this one is one my fiancée would tell you. I don’t think it is completely true, but it has been during the past few months of house buying/wedding planning. I’ll work on it!

// Swimming in the ocean. The Pacific is way too cold for me and I’m not a fan of sand. I might go back into the Atlantic because of its warmness, but there is still that sand issue.

// Taking long to decide. I am the type of person who doesn’t need to mull over a decision for very long. Once I know, I know. This has been cause for disagreement between my fiancée and I as well. I need to learn to be more patient and not need answers RIGHT! NOW!

// Wearing yellow gold. I like the color yellow but not on jewelry. I will pick white gold/platinum/silver to yellow whatever always. Thomas likes yellow and his wedding band is a plain yellow gold band. I was annoyed at this simply because of what pictures will look like, but I know they’ll look great!

// Feeling comfortable taking things from others. This includes help. I’ve been offered a lot of help for my wedding by Thomas’ family, but my irrational fear of being asked for something in return. It’s actually not just that, but that when I know the people are not too well financially I hate for them to do things that cost money for me. I’m usually the one who is giving of my time, energy, and emotions.

// Wearing lots of jewelry. I only wear my engagement ring (and soon to be wedding ring) and a necklace that Thomas gave me for my birthday a year or two ago. I’m not one to switch jewelry to match my outfits. I’m not fashionable like that, which leads me to..

// Wearing the latest fashion. I don’t even know what fashion is really. My nieces all consider themselves Fashionistas. I’m more comfortable in jeans and t-shirts. I like dresses as well, but I get what is on sale, not what is “in” at the time. Which leads me to…

// Paying full price. I was raised to use coupons and shop sales. I will never ever buy something (non-food) that is not on sale, has an applicable coupon, or is being cleared out. I will sometimes buy food when it’s not on sale but only if I really have a craving for something or if I know it’s a good deal (ie: Target/Wal*Mart prices on some items).

// Dancing. Okay, you might find me dancing at my wedding, only because it’s a cash dance and people will be pinning money to my dress (actually I don’t think I’ll accept pins on my dress, they can stuff it down my bra instead). I’m also being forced into this. I really didn’t want dancing but I was vetoed. Other than that one night I will have to be VERY drunk in order for you to see me dancing.

// Giving up! I don’t have a very hard life. I’m pretty lucky in all aspects of my life, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t have my own struggles. Emotionally I have many, but I can’t give up. I have to grow and learn and mature every day.

Linking up with... 




 photo himsignature_zps66b5c889.png

6 comments :

  1. What?!? No fish?! Haha. I agree with the swimming in the ocean!!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be more laid back, it's liberating to let your life play out and not force everything :) I'll take you dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so like you about the latest fashion trend. I usually join much later. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the same way when it comes to decisions. I am a very decisive person and know exactly what I want to do when something is presented to me. I used to be the same way about exercising--especially because I sweat horribly--but that's recently changed. It's helped tremendously with my mood and my ability to be more laid back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this! We are sooo much alike! All of these would be my answer except that I take forever to make decisions! :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with you on the jewelry... I only wear two pieces, a ring and a necklace, both from my Grandma. Every now and then I'll get a wild hair and wear earrings, but not often!

    Also, did you know you have your captcha turned on?

    ReplyDelete