April 30, 2014

Wedding Wednesday Confessional

I’m keeping this post as a confessions because a) I’m still recuperating b) I have a lot to catch up and organize to post and c) I have a paper cut on my right index finger which makes typing painful!

ONE / /  I was not one bit nervous the entire day. After all the worrying and freaking out over the past few months, during the actual wedding day I was as calm as a cucumber (that’s a thing, right?)

TWO / / I danced! I HATE dancing, but my anxieties went out the window on Saturday and I danced the evening way.

THREE / / I also drank too much, probably by 2 drinks. I ended up bawling at the end of the night after throwing up in my in-laws bathroom. I was a mess.

FOUR / / I don’t remember too much of that evening after, like, 9pm. BUT my husband (!!!) still enjoyed himself that night *wink*

FIVE / / I was worried about the decorations on Friday, but they ended up being really nice and I let my aunt-in-law know my appreciation.

SIX / / At breakfast on Sunday morning the waitress called me “Mrs. Mahoney” and I did a double take looking for my mother-in-law. I played it cool, though.

SEVEN / / I forgot to bring my petticoat and bra so I was nude under the dress… which no one could notice but I could definitely feel. Lame. Also lame because my mom spent A LOT of money on those things! HOWEVER! I didn’t take the tags off so I can either get store credit OR try to sell them on CL!

EIGHT / / The taco guy I was worried about? Really F-ed us over. A whole post-section about that will be done. Made me soooo mad!

NINE / / Taco guy was the only bad vendor. Stone Fire Grill was amazing as expected, the cake was delicious (actually…. I’m going to eat some of that tonight!) and gorgeous! The DJ, although he tried to cut out early, was great and kept the party going and the photographers were with me from 9am until 9pm!



TEN / / I’ve NEVER EVER felt more beautiful in my life. It wasn’t even the dress, it was the hair and make-up. The make-up was amazing! I was worried that they would overdo it, but it was perfect. I felt like a princess. Even Thomas commented on it. I wish I knew how to do it like that.


Our entrance at the reception!


ELEVEN / / Thomas teared up. No tears actually fell, and he composed himself quickly, but I could see his lip quivering. My maid of honor also commented on it. So sweet!

TWELVE / / My nephew was great as ring bearer and declared the party the ”most awesome party ever”. On Monday when his teacher asked him if he danced at the wedding, he said “No! I danced at the party!!”.

THIRTEEN / / I would not have been able to get through the wedding without the help of several people…. A few include my maid of honor Lauren, my co-worker and friend Dante (who decorated the chapel), and my sister and brother in law who went above and beyond to make sure everything was ready for the reception.


My maid of honor, Lauren, and me!


Clockwise starting on the left - Lauren, Mike (bro-in-law), Mika, and Nikki (nieces).


FOURTEEN / / Because I can’t leave the list at 13… I broke down the next day. Since I drank so much I spent most of Sunday alternating between shivering and being sweaty. I didn’t sleep well the night before and I couldn’t rest. I finally cried and slept at around 3pm which was what I needed. I woke up refreshed and Thomas and I were able to finish out furniture shopping.

I want to add a very BIG THANKS to all of you who reached out and sent me messages and well wishes on my wedding day! You don’t know how much it means to me! I’m going to attempt to reply to you all this week (paper cut healing soon, I hope!) but just know that you are amazing!


Vodka and Soda


 photo himsignature_zps66b5c889.png

4 comments :

  1. Aww I love hearing about your wedding! So sorry that you got sick! I'm going to make that my goal someday because I know I can get a little rowdy with an open bar. You looked so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful!! I can't wait to see more pictures!
    I hope your feel better and your paper cut heals soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! you both looked gorgeous.

    thanks for linking up!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful dress. You both look so happy. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete