May 9, 2014

Pit & Peak Friday

It’s been a non-exciting week. I guess that’s a peak?

PEAKS / /

/ / We bought new TV’s on Sunday and they look amazing in our bedroom and in the living room.

/ / I have been able to get things organized and put away in our bedroom. We hung some curtains in the bedroom and dining room –although I think I might need to change the dining room ones.

/ / I unclogged our toilet! We almost had a plumber do it. Close as in he was in the condo but wanted to charge us $125 and we refused to pay more than $100. After he left we went to Lowe’s, bought a snake, and back home I put it down in the toilet and pushed the excess toilet papers down the drain. This was after we tried every other method known to unclog it. High five for me!

/ / I have cooked dinner for my man this week. On Wednesday night I made him some steak, rice, and asparagus. It was pretty darn good.

/ / I found the hamper I was looking for in the last place I thought would have it. I searched everywhere – Target, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Wal*Mart, Ross – no one had one that I needed. I went to JC Penney one night and it was there! Plus, from $36 it was on sale for $26, and I had a $10 off coupon! Also? I had a gift card!

/ / BIG PEAK! I was able to find a travel agency which reserved my flights inside of Argentina for the honeymoon. I am also super grateful for my aunt Stella who did me the HUGE favor of picking up the money for the flights with my parents’ management company there and then take the money to the travel agency. She let me know on Thursday morning that she even got the tickets so that I don’t even have to go to the agency myself when I get there – saving me a ton of time!  My brother is also working on hotel reservations.


PITS / /

/ / My sister continues to not do too well. On Wednesday night (nearly 11pm) after I had gone to sleep I got a call from Anna (our favorite nurse in the ICU) asking for me to authorize them to begin dialysis and put an arterial line in her. This dialysis is temporary and due exclusively due to the infection in her abdomen. IF her kidney fails and she needs dialysis for that she is refusing it. She made us promise her that we would not allow them to put her on long-term dialysis.

/ / I had some pretty nasty allergies at the beginning of the week which interfered with breathing, sleeping, and being comfortable. Also I ran out of tissue. It’s on my ever expanding shopping list


 photo himsignature_zps66b5c889.png

2 comments :

  1. Congrats on your house organization and some travel plan progress!! :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. Keeping her in prayer for sure. Congrats on your toilet victory! Anything that saves money is awesome in my book haha!

    ReplyDelete