May 9, 2014

TBT (on Friday): Siblings

I am the waaaayyy youngest of 4 children. I have 3 siblings – 45, 43, and 42 years of age.

The big age difference between us (I’m 29!) made it so that I didn’t really grow up with them. By the time I was only 2 or 3 my eldest sister and brother had moved 5-6 driving hours away to go to UC Berkeley.  Gabriela, the youngest of the three, was the sibling I spent most of my time with – still she is 12 years older than me. She was very good to me when I was little. She played with me and took care of me. I’ll always be grateful for that. Especially as I think back on it these days…

I’m told, though I don’t remember, that my eldest sister, Margarita, did move back home temporarily after college. My brother, David “Ramon”, also moved back (permanently) and he has become the sibling I am closest to. To this day we speak on an almost daily basis and generally e-mail back and forth during the work week.

When I was 8 my sister got married to Mike – who has become as close to me as a sibling could be, so in general I leave out the “in-law” part from his name. From the time they got married until very recently (when I ran out of summer vacations) I spent a week or two visiting them in Northern California. It was almost like I was their child and they spoiled me with trips I will never forget.

I don’t have my wedding pictures back yet, so here is the newest picture I have of the three of us (my other sister is not generally in photographs).




Here is my brother (in-law, Mike) at my wedding – this is a perfect example of his personality.



We might have a large difference in age, but I love my siblings dearly.

Throwback Thursday Stories

 photo himsignature_zps66b5c889.png


No comments :

Post a Comment