September 13, 2014

Relationship Status: Married But Alone

Sept 13thYour current relationship status. If dating/married, give us a glimpse of your story! If single, share about this special season.

If you aren’t new around here you know that I am married. Even if you are new, you’ll probably figure it out by the pictures of me kissing my new husband. This post is supposed to be about our relationship status, but since I’ve spoken a lot of about my wedding over the past months, I’m going to talk about something similar.

As of today I’ve been married 4 months, 2 weeks and 4 days. And as of today my husband has been gone for 23 days all together since we got married. And he’ll be gone for the next 5 days as well. Twenty-eight days. That’s basically a whole month out of our 4 ½ month period of being married.

My husband travels for work. Currently he is in the DC area – okay, he’s been in that area the whole 23 days he’s been gone (let me clear up, it’s not 28 consecutive days). We talk just about daily and will Skype video chat when we can, but with the time difference it doesn’t always work out. When I wake up he’s already working, when I’m at lunch he’s working, when I get home he’s eating dinner and/or going to sleep.

While he’s gone I will spend a lot of time with my parents, niece, and nephew. During this last trip I actually spent two nights back in my bed at my parents’ home. But I was uncomfortable. I felt like I didn’t belong there anymore. My niece has taken over the room and changed everything, So it just felt weird. I didn’t sleep well and by the 3rd night I went back to my place (which by then had a fixed and working A/C! Hello 109* tomorrow!).

At home I miss him. When it’s time go to sleep I miss kissing him good night. Normally he stays up later than I do, but I wake up when he comes to be and gives me a kiss good night. As I lay in bed I miss just knowing he’s across the house from me. I can’t even say that I enjoy having the whole bed to myself, because since we have a California King it’s so big that we barely ever bump into each other at night.

However, I do not miss cooking every night or worrying about him liking what I cook. I don’t miss feeling guilty about spending time with my parents instead of him (he doesn’t make me feel guilty, I just do).

I can’t wait to have him home in a few days!

Now! Before you leave my blog please click on over to Amanda’s Knock On Wood blog and read about her new link-up! It’s all about conversations! The first one is this coming Monday so you still have time to participate! I can’t wait for you to read my conversation with my nephew!!

Have a great rest of your weekend!


Brave Love Blog


No comments :

Post a Comment