September 10, 2014

I Love Myself!

Sept 10th: List 10 things that you love about yourself! Let's kick that negative self-talk outta here!

I immediately knew I wanted to do this topic for today. I just wish it was yesterday for Listed Tuesday! 

Although I don’t think I’ve ever been huge on the put myself down department and I never went on diets or felt fat when I was a teenager, I am human and so I do get thoughts of being fat, ugly, flabby, dumb, and whatever else throughout my life. 

Lately it has definitely been the fat thing. I’ve gained 10lbs that I just cannot get myself to shake. I’ve been trying and something always comes up that throws me off my game. With all the holiday’s coming up (as well as the Fair and my birthday!) I know it’s only going to get hard to lose, and might be a struggle to not gain. 

With that in mind, let me tell you all the fabulous things about myself:


  1. I have gorgeous brown eyes. I was once told they look like a tree trunk when you cut a tree down – with all the rings. 
  2. This one had to be in the top – my chest. I have a large chest (34DDD to be exact) and I love it. I would never want to have a reduction (or bigger). My husband likes this too. 
  3. I’m compassionate. I sympathize with people and feel their pain and I try to make them feel better whenever I can. This is sometimes viewed as being emotional, which I’m okay with. Being emotional is not a bad thing. 
  4. I don’t usually break out in pimples. I’ll get one here and there (currently there is on right over my right eyebrow). 
  5. I’m motherly.  Although I don’t have kids of my own yet, I’ve had 3 nieces and a nephew to practice with and I know that I have the inclination to be a mom. 
  6. “You are a thoughtful and considerate person.” That is a fortune that one of my co-workers got and gave to me because she thought it described me. I suppose I am both. Even if not all of the time. 
  7. I asked my mom what she loved about me the most, and she said because I look just like my mom. When I was little my mom would ask me what I was and I would say “lila y osa” meaning Linda (pretty) and Hermosa (gorgeous).  She would then ask me why I was lila y osa and I would say “por que me paresco a mi mama!” – Because I look like my mom!
  8. I love that I am determined. I don’t give up on something when I believe in it. 
  9. My love for reading. I love that I am a reader, even if I go through periods of time in which I do very little of it. I love to read and to get lost in the stories. 
  10. I asked my husband to answer the question of what he loves about me and he said "your left eyebrow". I asked him to be more specific, his response "the right most hair of your left eyebrow". Yea, I don't know either. I love him anyway. 

Brave Love Blog


4 comments :

  1. Love all the things you listed, it's important to know what you love about yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your husband was so specific --- too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great list. We all should concentrate more on what we love rather than what we don't

    ReplyDelete