September 19, 2014

So... We're All Talking About Fall, Right?

Friday, Sept. 19What's your favorite season and why?

This is not as easy to answer as you might think. I live in Los Angeles which has amazing weather 95% of the year (okay, maybe 99%). In the past week we endured a heat wave that took temperatures soaring to 115 and only brought them down to the mid 70’s at night. Which to me meant AC on constantly and windows closed.

Before this heat wave we had an amazing summer with temperatures going up to 90, but not much more than that. Nights were cool and dipped into the 60’s. It was an unusually not-hot as hell summer.

The rest of the year is mostly the same. The temperatures stay between the 60s and 80s. Very little rain. Never any snow.

But still, it’s hard to pick which season I like the most. Right now I am thinking Fall, mostly because I like the spirit of fall. I love the cinnamon smells, the potential leaves (because a lot of the trees around here are evergreens) on the ground, the salted caramel hot chocolate from Starbucks, and pumpkin. I LOVE pumpkin flavored things and specially Costco Pumpkin Pie. If you haven’t tried it, you should. It is great AND cheap ($6 maybe?).

I also love the idea of being able to put on sweaters and boots. Usually it’s too warm for this, but sometimes we get lucky and the days cool down enough to allow a sweater for at least the morning and late evening. I’m hoping that after this heat wave it will be possible again.

Maybe I like fall and winter because we don’t really have them here and if we did I would prefer the summer. Here’s to hoping we have a cool streak beyond this heat wave!





No comments :

Post a Comment