November 27, 2014

Cliche Thankful Post

First off I want to wish everyone a fabulous Thanksgiving! 

I will be spending the morning making a fabulous leek tart (google it, it's amazing!) to take over to my in-law's. 



Their get together will be in the early afternoon and afterward Thomas and I will head over to dinner with my parents at Black Angus. They serve a traditional Thanksgiving meal as well as the whole menu. 

Which means soooo much food. Which started yesterday at work with honey baked ham, turkey, side dishes and the rest. 

I have a lot to be thankful this year. After all I got married and started the rest of my life with Thomas. I am healthy. I have my parents nearby and I get to see them often. I am thankful that they are around and healthy. I'm thankful to have 3 amazing nieces and an incredible nephew who are also healthy. 

I am also sad this Thanksgiving. My sister is not here with us and she will never be again. My parents are without their daughter and I know that their hearts ache with her loss. My heart aches for them. 

But even with our loss we have to be thankful for being here and together. 


No comments :

Post a Comment