November 19, 2014

November Musings: Being Thankful

I’m happy to be participating in this link up. I’m not sure why I haven’t participated in the past other than being an air head. But I think this is the perfect month to get started.

The topic for this month is what we’re grateful for.

I was actually just reading a post from Allie about the things that she should be grateful about but ends up complaining about and was thinking what a great post and wanted to do something like it. Well here we go, two posts in one.

Allie is right – I have a lot of to be grateful for but I sure do complain a lot. And most, if not all, of the things I complain about are 1st World Problems.

/ / hate it when my cell service is slow or nonexistent. It drives me mad. But I am so thankful that I have a cell phone that I can pay and that helps me stay in touch with my family here in the states but also in Argentina.

/ / Like many people I complain about getting up early to go to work. But as Allie said in her post, I’m blessed to have a job to get up to go to. Not to mention that it is a job that I like. I used to work in places that I dreaded to go to in the morning. Places where I was tempted to call out sick every day. The job I have now, I am so thankful to be at and to have amazing co-workers (even if not all of them).

/ / I have complained in the past about the high prices of gas. But I am thankful  that I have a new car that is safe and comfortable and that I can afford those prices. I am also thankful that those prices are coming down. They are under $3 in Los Angeles for the first time in a VERY long time.



/ / I am so so so grateful this month to have a great husband who loves and supports me (even if he teases me endlessly). I complain a lot of about that teasing, and it’s a work in progress to not feel offended by his teasing – which he does in his own good natured way. At the end of the day (or may in the morning) I do realize that I am lucky and blessed  to have him in my life and to call him mine.





/ / When Thomas and I were looking for a place to buy early this year there was the possibility that we would move somewhere that was far enough away from my family that I could go days without seeing them. I am so lucky to have them a block or two away. I get to see my mom daily, and my dad every couple of days. I am so blessed to be near my family and to have their love and support always.

/ / I do a lot of complaining about my rib pain. A lot. But I am so incredibly grateful that I am otherwise healthy. I don’t have any life threatening illnesses. I can walk, I can see, I can hear, I can breathe on my own.  I may be in a lot of pain, but it’s not the end of the world. I am healthy.


The Rambling Llama

3 comments :

  1. you definitely have a lot to be thankful for! It's awesome that you're so close to your family esp around the holidays! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to see that gas is FINALLY going down!
    You haven't missed anything with the link up this is actually the very first one!
    Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great things to be thankful for!!

    ReplyDelete