November 11, 2014

The Blogland Tour

A few months ago I was nominated to complete this little Blogland Tour post, but like Amanda said on hers last week – lots of things can change, even in a short period of time.

This time I was nominated by Melissa at The Rambling Llama!

What are you working on now?

I have been a very bad blogger the past few months. I’ve posted all about my excuses in the past about how busy I have been the past few months – and it has been true. Things seem to finally be settling now, but with Thanksgiving and Christmas just around the corner (or really next door!) I know it will be busy soon all over again. Unfortunately the blog had to be placed on the back burner. I love to blog, but other “IRL” things have to come first. HOWEVER Amanda came up with this awesome November Link Up to post in lists.

Lists are easy. I can put out a listed post pretty quickly, so it works out nicely. I’m hoping to get some other posts in between the listed posts, but we’ll take it one day at a time.

How does your work differ from others in its genre?

I don’t know that it really differs very much from all the blogs, but definitely a lot from some. I am not a fashion blogger and generally don’t like reading fashion blogs. I’m not into fashion. I put on whatever I have at the top of my drawer that day. I am more of a “lifestyle” blogger (as they call it). Amanda (again!) did a really nice job at describing the genre of blog she has. I write about anything and everything in my life. You’ll find posts about my weekends, events I go to, and maybe sometimes the food I coo (depending on how good I am at taking pictures). While I’m not shy about sharing my feelings I haven’t done many posts about my opinions on things. I plan to do more on this. So maybe I’m a mixed-genre type of blogger.

Why do you write / create what you do?

I’m sure my answer this time will be similar to the one I had last time (I didn’t look back to see what I wrote last time).  I write because it de-stresses me. I started blogging many moons ago and started this blog a couple of months before my wedding because I was very stressed out. I was taking it out on my husband (to-be then) and I knew it was a bad way to start a marriage. Blogging is my outlet.


How does your writing / creative process work?

I am not as organized as other bloggers as I see out there. I was doing well for a while. I planned out my posts, I had post-it’s that reminded me of topics, etc. But as I mentioned before – that has not been the case. So my process is basically that I take breaks/lunches at work to write, and even short 2-3 minutes between phone calls to get things done. I am not good at doing graphics or editing pictures.  After I type up a post at work (like this one) I’ll e-mail it to myself so that I can open it up at home and put it on Blogger.  Although lately I’ve not opened my computer up much.


I did try to nominate some other people but I didn't hear back from them :(. That's okay! If you would like to participate I nominate YOU! 




4 comments :

  1. WOO! Glad you were able to do it (again) hehe. Amanda is right- things definitely change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. writing for de-stressing is the best, isn't it? :)
    xox
    giedre

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to be a lifestyle blogger too. My posts are all over the place.

    ReplyDelete