January 19, 2015

Grateful Heart Monday - Camila's Birthday!



Today is my youngest nieces’ 10th Birthday!

TEN?

How did the time go by so fast? I still remember her pudgy little legs wiggling around in my arms.

Camila is a very sweet girl who is always looking for a way to be helpful to anyone around her. That’s not to say that she doesn’t have an attitude sometimes (she’s 10 after all) but she will bring you something if you’re too lazy to get up, and she’ll cook you dinner if you ask nicely.

So I dedicate today’s Grateful Heart to her:



I was lucky enough to be able to fly up to spend the weekend with her, her older sister Mika, and my sister and brother in law (and my dad, he came too).

I can always count on Camila to send me sweet messages on Facebook telling me she loves me and misses me or asking when we’ll see each other again (it’s an hour flight but a 5-6 hour drive from my house to hers).

When she was younger I got to spend more time with her. I had summer vacations that allowed me to go visit. I also spent 8 of 10 Christmases with her (and the family).

I am so grateful for having her in my life. She makes me a better person by showing me her love and kindness.

post signature



6 comments :

  1. Ok, seriously? Every time I visit your blog, I have a silent chuckle over your blog title. I feel like it's something I would say! It's the best blog name :) Happy Birthday to your niece! What did you gift to her? We have 4 nieces, one of them 9 and I was so torn about what to get her! It's somewhat of an in-between age, isn't it?! Not a little kid anymore but not yet a teen. Thanks for linking up today, Kathy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! It's so true though... it is all about me, right? At least in a couple! I ended up giving her a kit from JoAnn's where she could tye-dye some headbands/bracelets. She seemed very happy with it. Her dad took her and a couple of friends to Build A Bear and they LOVED that.

    ReplyDelete