January 2, 2015

I Can Never Have Enough - Resolutions

I seem to have an issue with having too much.

Or not having enough.

Either way, I think it is something I need to work on and is probably going to be a resolution of some sort.

Let me explain.

This year I…

1)      Bought a condo.
2)      Got married.
3)      Went to Argentina.
4)      Got a new phone.
5)      Got a new car (x2)
6)      Got a puppy.

On top of those BIG things, I bought clothes, a purse, a few pairs of TOMS, board games, ate out a TON of times and a lot more I’m sure.

I think that I do a lot of indulging.  If I see something I like and it’s on sale (and I have coupons, because as far as clothing and other items like that go I must have a coupon) I generally buy it. Thomas and I are not rich by any means, but we make a decent living and we can afford the things we buy, but that doesn’t mean that we should be buying and spending so much.

I’m hoping that in the new year I will be less needy and will be happy with what I have. I hope I won’t need to get something new just for the excitement of having something new – which is what I think many of these purchases are about. I tend to need something to look forward to to keep myself going. 

We definitely live in excess. I will attempt not to.  I will also attempt to give more to those who need it.

Here's to a new year! 


4 comments :

  1. Sounds like 2014 was good to you, hopefully 2015 will be even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a resolution that almost everyone needs to do, to be happy with what you've got :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean...It's hard to tell myself no when I found a good deal, but there are always deals to be found. Oh the struggle. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this because that is what I am striving for this year as well.
    Be happy with what I have and enjoy that and spend wayyy less than normal.

    ReplyDelete