January 12, 2015

Grateful Heart Monday









First off.... I am so grateful that I met Amanda last spring! She has been such a great friend, mentor, and ear to vent to. She has helped me through some difficult times and I am forever grateful! 

Now she has created another amazing design for my blog and is helping to guide me further into this blogging world. I am not very bright when it comes to all the things blogging related (installing Disqus? So hard for me!) and Amanda has been an amazing help.

So today's Grateful Heart is dedicated to her. I mean, look at this layout! How amazing is it? Wouldn't you agree? 

I am also grateful that I had the opportunity to spend time with my family this weekend. It had been a while since I went bowling and so after looking up and comparing prices for a few different bowling alleys (there are about 4 or 5 within a 20 minutes drive) I got my husband, his parents, and my brother along with his wife and kids to come bowling on Saturday night. 

They had an offer of $25 for up to 5 people for 2 hours of bowling and shoe rental was included. We got 2 lanes (one for the kids, with bumpers) and another for myself, Thomas, and his mom and my brother. We ended up bowling almost 3 full games in that time. 


During the first game I did pretty well and scored 90 (only 3 points below the winner - my mother in law). I wasn't horrible in the other 2 games (I think I actually got a strike during each game!), but I never got as high as 90 and I ended up losing the last game.

Next weekend I'll be going up to my sisters' house is Northern California (any of you from that area?) for a visit along with my dad. It's my youngest nieces' 10th birthday on the 19th. I'm excited to get to see them and eat some yummy Ethiopian food (a fav of mine, but no one here likes it!).  

Happy Grateful Heart Monday!




Grateful Heart Linkup w/ Ember Grey
post signature









7 comments :

  1. The layout looks great! She did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't gone bowling in forever.. it was always so fun as a kid I wowuld love to do it again soon! Glad you had a great time and love your new layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so so glad you love your new design! And we will get your disqus installed this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new design! It's so happy! Amanda did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great design! :)
    Ohhhh I love bowling - it's so fun! Best birthday party ever - my 30th at bowling & karaoke ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw! I love Amanda too. (And your design is SO cute!) I think I need to go bowling with YOU and then maybe I'd like it!! ;) Thanks for linking up, Kathy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving your new design! It looks like you had fun bowling!

    ReplyDelete