January 27, 2015

To Dye or Not To Dye

I need advise guys! The hair kind - so very important life changing advise! 

Naturally my hair is straight and thin. I’ve been told I have a lot of hair but since it’s so thin and straight you’ve would be able to tell.

For a long time I wanted a perm because it was an easy way to get some body into my hair. Curling it with a curling iron didn’t work – my hair would not hold the curl. For my wedding the hair stylist had to do special pin type curls to get some body.



After I came back from my honeymoon I felt confident enough to get a perm. There was drama through it (I had to have the perm done 3 times!!).

Now, 7 months later my hair is just about ready to be permed again. My hair has grown out a good 1.5 to 2 inches and some of the hair on the lower back of my hear went straight months ago.

I have an appointment set up for that but I’m wondering if I should get my hair colored. I’ve colored my hair tons of times myself, but never professionally (okay, that’s a lie – I did it once in 2005 when I was in Argentina).



The perm I got last year lightened my hair color which now looks like an ombre type of style since my hair has grown in darker. I guess it’s a good look… but I’m thinking maybe changing it?

I don’t know – I want to do SOMETHING. I need YOUR opinions!



post signature

4 comments :

  1. This is so exciting!! I would suggest maybe looking at different colors/styles on Pinterest. (This is what I usually do). Plus, it's much easier for the colorist/stylist to go off of a picture than it is our explanation of something. I'm excited to see what you end up doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very true!! I may just do that. I hadn't thought of using pinterest for it. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oohhh I dye my own hair and generally go back and forth from a dark brown to a lighter brown. Maybe get some highlights and lowlights put in?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm I think maybe something like that will be better than just one color (I can do that myself, too!) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete