January 22, 2015

Things That Annoy Me Thursday

I'm joining Amber at Airing My Dirty Laundry for this lovely topic today! 

I had written a post for last week, and then I re-thought it because a) it was too detailed and in case anyone in my “real” life reads this from work I may have gotten in trouble and b) I wanted to add to it.

The basic gist of what was really annoying me all of last week was a situation at work. I won’t describe the situation, however I will say this:

/start rant:

I do not understand some people. Unless they actually suffer from a mental illness, and I think this one person may, I just don’t get it. One moment this person is my best friend and she stops in my cubicle to chat and we give each other advise, etc. etc. THEN the next she wants NOTHING to do with me. This is what happened over the past month. When she gets into the hating me mood I just ignore her. She doesn’t add anything to my life to make me waste time worrying about. But then she does some things that seem aimed at me and I get annoyed.

Maybe I am overreacting and I shouldn’t let that get to me, but sometimes I can’t help it.

That same day that I wrote the post (Wednesday of last week) she decided that the hating me part of the moment was over and she was going to be my friend again – and so that helped in me wanting to hold back on the post.

I just don’t get it.

That same evening Thomas and I (in separate cars) met up with his parents for dinner. On my way home I was driving behind two exceptionally slow drivers. I was able to get around one but not the other, so I was stuck behind the car at a left turning arrow. And I mean stuck.

She didn’t pull up to the crosswalk line so it didn’t trigger the arrow to turn green. Writing about it, it doesn’t seem that big of an issue – but I wanted to be home! I honked at the car and she pulled up just half a car length, but luckily far enough that she triggered the light to change the next time.

Why do people not pull up to the line? Do they not know that there are sensors under the ground that let the lights know you are there?

Okay…. /end rant.



post signature

8 comments :

  1. With the situation with the co-worker I would probably stop being friendly with her even when she decides to be friendly to you that week. Still be nice, but I wouldn't go out of my way and I certainly wouldn't take advice or tell her anything personal about myself. I'd basically just keep her at a distance...You're either my friend or you're not I can be nice to you but I certainly don't' have to go out of my way and be buddy, buddy with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard for me to not be friendly, but I'm trying. Boy am I trying. Thanks for the advise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I hate when people do that at lights! Or even worse, they go over the line just enough so that the sensor is just between us, meaning I can't trigger it without almost bumping them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes!!! I hate that!!! People need to update drivers ed I think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the weird light people make me soo angry! Like, there is a line there for a reason people!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Lora. Be nice, just don't go out of your way for her or offer anything back. When she comes to chat with you, politely say that you are busy at the moment, or just get up and go to the bathroom for a few minutes. A few days of that and she'll get the hint.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today she asked for tylenol, I had one left but I said no (she didn't know I had any left). It's hard for me to not be super nice and accommodating to people, so I feel like it was a victory.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exactly. It's not just there to look pretty!

    ReplyDelete