February 8, 2015

Stand Up Sunday - Week 3

This was a bit of world wind week. I joined the Biggest Loser at work. I'm on a team with 4 or 5 other people and we are competing against the other teams as well as other counties. They weighed me there, fully clothed and in the afternoon, at 163.8. 

Let’s get to the questions…

1.      How many pounds did you gain or lose?

I started the week at 161lbs. I ended at 159.8. A total loss of 1.2lbs.

2.      How many inches did you gain or lose?

I still haven’t measured myself… so nothing to add here!

3.      Your weekly exercise or step goal, and did you meet it?

Last week the number of steps that I took decreased, so I really worked hard to increase my steps this week. I’m proud of myself because on Wednesday I took Lance for a walk after work and when I was done with my usual route I was at about 8,000 steps. I thought that it was enough… but I pushed myself and made it to 9,905 steps by doing an extra walk around a block.

I walked a total of 54,726 steps.

(6,425 steps MORE than last week!)

4.      What was your biggest challenge this week?

This week was actually pretty easy. Thomas was out of town so I didn’t have to worry about making him dinner and making me something different within my calories. I did have issues with worrying about my weight loss/gain. I had a decent weekend, but I did have some excess on Sunday because of the Super Bowl. On Monday morning I weighed in at 163.6 (or so). I had no idea why I had gone up over 2 pounds in 2 days. Then, after eating lunch on Monday I figured it out – I had been eating cup of noodles for lunch. While they were within my calorie limits – they contain nearly 1200mg of sodium causing a lot of water retention! I cut the soup out and went back to my Lean Cuisine lunches and voila! I was back down to 161 on Wednesday and down to 159.8 on Friday. I hadn’t seen a 5 in a long time. I’ll eat soup, but I won’t have it several days in a row like I was doing (they are just SO good!).

5.      What is your favorite healthy snack or meal?

I discovered FiberOne soft baked bars a couple of weeks ago and bought a box of the peanut butter ones, then at Costco I saw gingerbread flavored ones. I love gingerbread. They are delicious and only 90 calories per bar. It’s not a huge bar, but it’s enough to satisfy a sweet craving. Yum!

6.      Do you have any advice or tips for the rest of us?

Push yourself! When you need to do that little extra to get to your goal, do it! It’s worth it in the end!

post signature

2 comments :

  1. Congrats on the weight loss and meeting your goals. I too joined the step up Sunday

    -DT

    http://hereiscribble.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you soo much! It was great having you link up!

    ReplyDelete