March 17, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up


I had a mostly relaxing weekend, which I really needed! 

O N E / / Ralphs (or Kroger for some of you) was having some really good sales this week and my mom and I wanted to get over there so after work on Friday we headed up to the larger store a few miles away. My mom has always been the type of person who doesn't buy anything unless she has a coupon and it's on sale, so it is understandable that I am as well. Because of that mind set I went ahead and bought myself a coupon holder and will be ordering the Sunday paper so I can get all the coupons I need when I move out in a few weeks. 

Our trip on Sunday was very fruitful. They had a sale on the oatmeal I eat for breakfast, 3 for $6, a price that is very difficult to find anywhere ever, plus they offered a free gallon of milk when you purchased 3 boxes of oatmeal (or cereal). Amazing! Here is our receipt at the end of our shopping trip:


It actually was about $15 less than that total as well. I bought 2 Cusinart things that were on clearance. They overcharged me on one of them so I went back the next day and they gave me an extra $10 off the real price as an apology. 


T W O / / Thomas texted me while I was still shopping, so I headed over to his place when we were done. We watched some TV and snuggled for a couple of hours before I started to fall asleep. I had him give me a couple of things I needed to send over to our loan officer and got home around midnight. Nikki was sleeping in my bed so I pushed her over before going to sleep myself. 

T H R E E / / I told Nikki that since I was going to Thomas' Friday evening, we would do some shopping on Saturday. Since my mom doesn't drive I drove her to the dentist on Monday morning. Nikki and I were silly in the car while waiting for her:



After the dentist we headed back to Ralphs to get the price fixed on that item I mentioned before. Wal*Mart was our next stop so I could pick up some PB2. I had heard of PB2 online before but it had had mixed reviews. When I saw it in store for just $5 I knew I had to try it. I had been craving peanut butter and this is a good alternative for someone watching calories. Regular peanut butter is about 190 calories per 2 tablespoons. PB2 has only 45. Trying it out... it tastes good, but more so to put in a sandwich with some jelly. 

F O U R / / The other obsession I've been having lately is popcorn. After Wal*Mart we headed to Kohls because both my mom and I had $ off coupons and an additional 20% off that we had to use. I went through the clothing racks but couldn't find anything, so I decided to walk through the kitchen area in case there was something cheap that we'll be able to use in our home. I came across this:


It was on sale for $22.49 and I had $10 off and then an additional 20% off so I paid $10 total. Popcorn without using oil and being able to use low-calorie butter substitute. Yes! 

F I V E / / Saturday night had Thomas and I going to his cousins' birthday party at one of his aunts' house. It was a nice evening with family and food and laughter. We got to watch our university play to almost getting into the basketball tournament... only to lose by a couple of points at the very end. Bummer. After the party we went back to his place and I tried to watch Blue Bloods but I couldn't make it half way without falling asleep. Before the party we had watched Anchorman 2 which was pretty funny. 

S I X / / Sunday had us doing the errands we hadn't been able to get around to on Saturday. We headed to our local used/new book store to sell back some books for store credit. Unfortunately they only accepted 2 bags of books and we'll have to go back to sell the rest to them some other time (we have 3-4 more bags). We then made a stop a the mall to use some more coupons I had. I spent $10 on the following items and was given a gift card for Victoria's Secret that can have a minimum of $10 and a maximum of $500 on it:

The one on the left is pink and has light pink hearts on it. Cute!

S E V E N / / Thomas was busy doing work stuff all of Sunday, so the rest of the day was spent doing some wedding planning as well as packing, at my mom's insistence:


I hope you all had a nice weekend as well!!

 photo himsignature_zps66b5c889.png

2 comments :

  1. i need that popcorn thing. i hate eating the microwave crap and for $10? yes please!! good find :)

    -kathy | Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for saving money. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete