March 4, 2014

Tough It Out Tuesday!

Tales of a Twenty Something

My weight problems started after high school for the most part. Or at least that's what it seems like. I don't remember wanting to lose weight or feeling conscious about my weight then. For that matter, I didn't feel like I had a problem until my mid-twenties. 

At my heaviest I was a smidge under 200lbs. Not a lot for some but more than enough for me. This is a good time to point out that I am 5'2". 

(January 2010)

Around this time I bought a pair of those Sketcher Shape-Up shoes. I know they lost a law suit more recently, but it worked for me. I lost some weight simply by walking with them on (not extra walking, the same amount of walking I was doing before). Still I didn't really come up with a plan to lose weight. I hadn't heard about counting calories yet. I didn't exercise (I HATE sweating!). Slowly, though, I did begin to lose weight. Check out the link above - I've chronicled dates and my weight since April 2010 (with breaks here and there). As you can see it was slow, but my weight started to come down. 

In April 2011 I dated someone who broke my heart and in a week I dropped 10lbs and was down to 161lbs. You'll notice on the link above that I had gotten down to 157lbs in January 2012 only to be up 10lbs by the end of August that year. I blame this on a couple of things a) I started dating my fiancee and b) his parents would take us out to eat every Friday - and it usually was 3-4 course meal. At this point my pants, which had gone from a 14/16 to a solid 10 were creeping back to a size 12 and I was not happy at all, a lot less happy than I was when I was closer to 200lbs. 

In August 2012 I discovered Reddit LoseIt as well as My Fitness Pal.  Together they really helped me in dropping pounds. As you'll notice on the weight page I went from 167lbs in August 2012 to 146lbs in March 2013. 

Then I started working at my current job and sticking to a 1200 calorie diet became VERY difficult. My job has me on my butt most of the day and what's better than to snack when sitting at a computer for 8-9 hours a day? Currently I'm sticking strong to 152lbs. My "ideal" weight is 136lbs. My goal is to get back to 145lbs and try to stick to that for a bit and then maybe go down to 140. 

I am getting married 53 days and my wedding dress currently fits, however it is a bit on the snug side. I am hoping that I can drop to about 147 by my wedding day so that I can breath a bit easier on April 26th, but I'm finding it REALLY hard to get below 152. I've been stuck there for over a month. During the week I will go down to 151 but the weekend comes around and all hope is lost. 

I hope this Link-Up will help me reach my short-term goal. After my wedding I'm not going to worry as much and I am definitely not going to count calories during our honeymoon to Argentina in late May. However, when I return in June I will try to get back to sticking to 1200 until I reach a weight I am more comfortable at. Maybe that will be 145 or maybe it will be 140, I don't know until I get there. 

Current Weight: 152lbs
Goal Weight: 147lbs
Current Pant size: solid 6 (however, depending on brands I can be a 4 or an 8, 10's are way too big on me!)
 photo himsignature_zps66b5c889.png

3 comments :

  1. First of all, congrats on losing all of the weight already! So awesome and exciting! I also have total faith that you can get down to 147 in the next 53 days! You're going to look amazing on your wedding day!! I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Kay! Congrats on the weight you've already lost! Just think about it this way, you have 5lbs to go and 53 days to lose it. If you lose a pound every 10 days, you're right on track! I sit a lot at my job too, but I do my best to keep moving when I'm not at work. Maybe try something you haven't tried already. Whether it be to clean up your diet, drink my water, work out a little more, etc. That could totally help! I'm guilty of letting it go some on the weekends too, but we have to stop thinking of the weeked as "I've done really well all week let me splurge", but think about it as "I did really well for 5 days, 2 more are going to be SO easy!" You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so adorable! i'm so glad you found my blog and tweeted me.

    there are SO many ways to save your waistline at work. i'm a desk jockey too but i bring all of my snacks and lunch to work errday without fail (meal prep for the week every sunday night) and i store a shit ton of healthy snacks in my desk. i drink TONS of water (legit 100oz PER DAY), i eat on a schedule and i eat 5x/day. i haven't gained any weight; in fact, i've continued to shed pounds and lay on the muscle. it can be done!! let me know if you need help/have questions.

    -kathy | Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete