June 14, 2014

Random Thoughts


I'm sitting on my new couch, watching The People's Court on my new TV, in my new condo less than 2 months into my new (and only) marriage... and I feel so frustrated. 

Frustrated because as I look around the rest of the room and I see boxes of decorations that need to be unpacked. I need to find places to put my picture frames and other items. 

Things have just not found their places in the condo and it makes me anxious. I have a clock staring at me from the ground which reminds me I forgot to buy batteries so that I can finally put it on the wall. 

My bar counter has non-bar items on it. My dining room table has paper and other junk. Which reminds me I have to go through the junk paper drawer and decide what to do with what's in there. Which only reminds me that I have to buy a filing cabinet. Buy buy buy. 

My bedroom is pretty clean and organized - clothes are what I took care of first when we moved in - but I need to go through the drawers because we've run out of space (my husband has way too many t-shirts!). This will probably be what gets done first. 

Now most of you will probably be "just get up, off the computer, and find places for things, clear the table, clear the counter, hang the clock!". Which would be sound advice. But I can't bring myself to do it. I feel the need to do it all at once, but I don't have the time. I get home from work around 5:30pm ready to make dinner. After cooking, eating, and cleaning it's past 8pm and all I want to do is lay down and sleep. 

Looking ahead I only see bit of times to work with. Today is Saturday and in the morning I have a special event at Bed, Bath & Beyond, following closely by someone coming to check out our AC unit. An hour or two after that will be my sisters' memorial at the cemetery. My eldest sister arrived in town early this morning (say, midnight) with her daughters which I will be spending much time with. 

Sunday includes an early Father's Day brunch for our entire family and then in the afternoon Argentina's first 2014 World Cup game which must be watched (and will be watched) at my place because I have a new 60" smart TV. This means my dad, brother, and the kids coming over for the game. 

Next weekend doesn't look much better. It includes my nephew's birthday and me taking my niece to a birthday party the next day (because when parents' aren't willing to take their children to socialize at a party the aunt has to do it).

So, I'll continue to spend the few free moments I seem to come across looking at my unorganized home and groaning at what I see.  



 photo himsignature_zps66b5c889.png

1 comment :

  1. Try scheduling it out. Like one day you go through all the papers. The next day you hang pictures in the living room. And so on and so forth. Doing it all at once will drive you crazy! Trust me! Been there, done that, I think I have a T-shirt somewhere.

    ReplyDelete