June 30, 2014

Weekend In Review: Movies Under the Stars

I spent most of this past weekend holed up at home with Thomas - after all we hadn't seen each other in 2 weeks. However, we did go our separate ways on Saturday night.

Our city council member for the city of Los Angeles puts on Movies Under the Stars every summer. This past Saturday night was the first one for this summer. They showed Despicable Me 2, which I had not seen yet. 

Before the movie starts Subway is passed out for both kids and adults (sandwiches, chips (for adults), cookies, and boxed drinks (for kids). 



They serve popcorn right before the movie and usually have some activities for the kids. 


In this instance an organization had some coloring books and other arts and crafts as well as anther game to win a prize (tattoos or bracelets).



They typically also have a face painter there.






This is our city council member.







Jonathan was dancing like a loon in the front of the seating area.





Finally the movie started a but after 8pm, it was still light out but it got dark quickly after that.



Jonathan made it about 2/3rds of the way through the movie before falling asleep.



3 comments :

  1. I love that movie!! I also love watching movies outdoors like that. I used to go to a similar event in the summers when I lived in Atlanta. I wish there was something like that here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! I was just talking the other night about how I wish there were more drive-in movies, this is even cooler!

    ReplyDelete