June 23, 2014

Sunshine Award!

The amazing, incredible, awesome Amanda Nicole from Peaches in Missouri (a very clever name I think!) and also designer of this here blog nominated me for the Sunshine Award! 



I was so excited to get an e-mail from her and then seeing her post. I feel so lucky to have met her and that we have been able to become bloggy friends! 

The rules for the Sunshine Award are that I list 11 random facts about myself, answer 11 questions from the person who nominated me, and then nominate 11 other bloggers and give them 11 questions to answer. What I want to know is why the number 11 was chosen?!

Let’s get started!


11 Random Facts About Myself:

  • I am fully bilingual. When I speak English no one can tell I speak Castellano and when I speak castellano no one can tell I speak English. I love this.
  • I am sort of a neat freak and I think it’s driving my Husband crazy. 
  • I am jealous of girls (bloggers) whom I see with perfect make up and clothes. I do not know how to put make up on and my clothes never look as good. 
  • I have a good and a bad side. My nose looks more crooked from one side than the other. 
  • I’m a yeller/thrower/slammer. When I don’t feel that people are listening to me (mostly my husband) I tend to throw things or slam doors. I most always yell. 
  • I keep a hand written journal in addition to my blog. I share A LOT on my blog, but for the most private of things I keep a leather bound journal. 
  • I can’t deal with heat, especially when I shouldn’t have to. It gets hot in my office (the AC breaks all the time) and sweating while working at computer is not what I call fun. My co-workers hate it, too.
  • Shopping is my game. I LOVE to shop, even when I don’t buy anything, I love going out and browsing and imagining the things I could get. 
  • I can wiggle my ears and flare my nose. I can even do them both at once!
  • I’m afraid of the dark and toilets. When I was in kindergarten or first grade the toilet in the room flooded and it left me scarred. For most of my life my mom had to flush the toilet for me. 
  • I am a people pleaser and like to make others happy while making myself look good. Maybe also narcissistic. 


Random Questions:
  • Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging when it was pretty much a new concept (or at least I think it was) in 2002. I had just graduated high school and I was going away to college and I thought it would be neat. I always liked to write (I majored in Journalism) and Live Journal was big at the time so I threw myself into it. I’ve been blogging ever since. I’ve never made money from my blog and I’m not sure I want to put the effort into it to do so, but it would be nice. 

  • What's your most favorite post you've ever written?
Wow, this is a hard question. I don't know if I have a favorite. I think they are all special in a different way and I can't just pull one out and say it's my favorite.

  • Name three places you think everyone should visit if they get the chance.
Argentina – specifically Iguazu Falls. I went there on my honeymoon in late May 2014 and it is an amazing place to visit. Iguazu is on the border between Brazil, Argentina, and Paraguay. You get amazing views from both Brazil and Argentina. Iguazu is considered one of the 7 Wonders of the World.

Los Angeles – I am biased because I live here, but it is a great place. You can go to Disneyland, Sea World, Universal Studios, Malibu, Beverly Hills, Hollywood and so much more. All these things being within a couple of hours drive is amazing! 

Ushuaia – I have never been here, but it is the most southern tip of Argentina and the furthest south you can go on land before reaching Antarctica. My sister went there and I think it’s amazing! 

  • If you are married (If you aren't married would you) did you write your own vows or stick with traditional ones? 
I didn’t write my own vows for a couple of reasons. The first being that I knew my husband wouldn’t be up to the task, and the second being that I am pretty traditional when it comes to some things and I knew the pastor would do a good job.

  • What is your go-to recipe/meal for dinner?
I haven’t had to cook on a regular basis until now that I am married, but there are a couple of recipes that pop into my mind when thinking of this question.  The first would be Empanadas. The dough is imported from Argentina and amazing, and the fillings are easy to make. It’s quick, easy, and delicious! 

The second would be Cranberry Chicken. I don’t know where I found this recipe, but it is basically chicken breasts, whole cranberry sauce, onion soup mix, and French/catalina dressing. Amazing.


  • What is the most random piece or art, decorative item, or piece of furniture you have in your home?
Hmm. My house is not completely decorated since my husband and I just bought it and just moved in. But I think I’ll say a piece of art that we got from one his aunt’s for our wedding. 

  • How many children do you have/want? Why?
No children yet, but I think we’ll probably have 2. I want 3 just to beat my sister and brother who both have 2 (3 girls and a boy between them), but I’m thinking we might stop at 2. That’ll be decided with how fertile I am, though (I’ve always feared that I won’t be able to get pregnant). 


  • What movie could you watch every day without getting tired of it?
Evita. I adore that movie and I know every word. There are some songs I skip through cause I’m not a fan of them, but I can listen to that track or watch the movie on a loop and not get bored.


  • Look around the room you are in now, how many picture frames and/or art pieces are in it? (I have 21 in my living room alone!)
Since we just moved in we don’t have too much as far as decorations go. I do have 2 pictures frames up in my living room as well as a few decorative boxes (I love decorative boxes) and a couple of wood decorations from Argentina on the entertainment center. This past weekend I was able to put up a nice clock over the fireplace. There will be plenty of picture frames going up, though!


  • What is your favorite workout routine?
The one in which not a drop of sweat comes out of my body. I still haven’t found it. I do like to go for walks, so that is probably my favorite workout routine. When I can I go for walks with my mom in the evenings. Amanda Nicole turned me onto an App that will track my workout and I look forward to using it (I’m so lame I still haven’t been able to!). My mom and I also do a lot of mall and store shopping, and some people don’t consider this exercise, but it’s a lot of walking and some days my feet and legs are sore. Definitely a workout!


  • How do you stay motivated to work out and eat healthy?
I haven’t been able to this year. In 2012 I got myself motivated and lost 25 pounds. While I haven’t gained it all back, it’s creeping that way. Between the wedding and the honeymoon I gained a good amount of weight. I want to lose it and fit into my slacks again, but I’ve found it hard to get back into gear. As I’m writing this it’s Friday the 13th and I have a couple of days of bad eating ahead of me with Father’s day. I am hoping that I can get back into gear after that. I know everyone says start RIGHT NOW not tomorrow, but that method just doesn’t work for me. Follow my blog to stay updated on my eating/work out (ha!) goals! 


Awesome Blogger Nominees:

The following bloggers are so completely amazing that you just HAVE to go on over to their blogs to check them out!


My Random Questions:

  • Without anyone getting mad, which blog would you most like to emulate? Why?
  • Is your job what you went to school for? If not, why are you working in a different field?
  • Which social media is your favorite? Why? 
  • Which social media is your least favorite? Why?
  • If you could have any animal as a pet, which would you chose? Why?
  • What is your favorite current TV Show?
  • What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done to your hair? Pictures, please!
  • Which team/country is going to win the World Cup? Who will they beat to do it?
  • Are you a Mac or PC? Or both? Which devices do you use? 
  • What do you think is the proper way to express sympathy when someone passes away: a hand written card, an e-card, an e-mail, a phone call, or an in person “I’m sorry for your loss” (simply because you run into the person)?
  • How do you keep track of your blog posts? Do you schedule them ahead of time?




3 comments :

  1. Love reading about you! I'm new to blogging. You girls are so much fun to follow. Jessi hooked me up and I really love it. I'll try to get to these questions. I look forward to learning more about you and thanks for the FB request :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay! I love your answers to the working out questions. LOL I hate sweating too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we are twins. Not even kidding. All of this sounds like I could have written it. And I have an ongoing list of facts about me so I don't forget, and one of them is that my nostrils are not even. LOL. I love reading facts about you! This Sunshine Award is an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete