June 3, 2014

Time To Start Life - Again

As I start this post I am at Ezeiza, Argentina's main international airport in Buenos Aires. This is my 14th time at this airport, but I very much hope it will not be the last and that I will be back here soon. 

I had a great two weeks here. I so enjoyed spending so much time with my extended family. It had been nearly 6 1/2 years since the last time I came. That is a long time without seeing aunts, uncles, and cousins. 

While we did have our disputes during the trip, there was nothing that we didn't work out within a short amount of time. I basked in the food and language, while I think Thomas couldn't stop searching for places where people spoke English and sold American style food. 

Our traveling was pretty easy and we had a lot of luck with both flights and weather. We didn't have as much luck with hotels and internet connections, however. 

I will go into details on the different aspects of the honeymoon over the coming weeks (months?). But I have so much I have to get done in the more immediate future that I can't wrap my mind around blogging about the trip yet. Not to mention I still have to blog about our wedding day! 

Here are a few pictures from the honeymoon:


Heading to Argentina via layover in Dallas.


The view from our first hotel room - Plaza San Martin. It's hard to tell from this picture, but in the far left we could see the city's Cathedral.


This is a typical offering from hotel's for breakfast. 


We headed out to Iguazu our first week there to see one of the 7 Wonders of the World. Gorgeous waterfalls. I will definitely post more of these in posts to come.


This was our view from the hotel in Iguazu. Gorgeous.


The view of Iguazu from Brazil.



This is at the "Hito" which is the corner of Argentina which is across from the river from Paraguay and Brazil.


There were many Coati's on both sides of Iguazu. They are pretty cute. They look for food. Thomas got scared and shooed this one off, but I liked it sniffing around.


Breakfast at a family favorite.



This is half of my family that made it to our reception in Argentina.



Cold weather in Bariloche! 


I have a ton more pictures (I think I took over 2,000 pictures). 



 photo himsignature_zps66b5c889.png

3 comments :

  1. Those waterfalls are gorgeous! Looks like it was an amazing trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a wonderful time! I can't wait to hear more about your trip!

    ReplyDelete