July 1, 2014

Blog Everyday In July

I've been wanting to do a blog-every-day-in-a-month thing for a while but with the wedding, buying a home, and the honeymoon I haven't been around for a whole month until July. 

When I saw Allie and then Juliette post about blogging in July and that they would provide prompts I knew I had to participate. But I will say this upfront: I might skip some prompts and post Link-Ups or post things just because I feel like it.


Allieology


July 1st 2014 - Canada Day

Let me start by saying that I am not Canadian nor have I ever even been to Canada. I like the country, though. They've been pretty decent to the US. Here are the things I do know about Canada:


  • I bought my car from a Canadian. 
  • Canadians like the fact that they don't have an "accent" (or at least this is what the car salesman said)
  • They have taken in US boys who were avoiding the draft. 
  • It is to the north of where I live. 
  • It gets very cold and snowy in the winter. 
  • You have to drive through it in order to get to Alaska.
  • My husband is sent to Ontario for work sometimes.  
  • I don't know many people (0) from Canada. 
  • My best friend was living just a few minutes from Canada until recently.
  • I don't know a lot about Canada. 

My knowledge is not very good. So let me ask a few questions to Faith who is Canadian. Excuse me for my ignorance. 

  1. Does Canada have an independence day? (I know that the Queen is still considered the head of Canada, correct?)
  2. What is the school system like? Kinder through 12th grade? Are colleges free?
  3. Besides hockey, what is Canada's favorite sport? 
  4. How did you survive without Happy Hour? (Yes, I've read up on your blog).
  5. Have you been to the States? What do you like or not like about it compared to Canada?

Tomorrow's topic is guilty pleasures, however I will have a post full of pictures from the wedding up in the morning! 





11 comments :

  1. Thanks for linking up! I don't know a lot about Canada either but after becoming friends with Faith I've learned so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know nothing about Canada really, but I think they totally have accents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks to http://babyandbump.momtastic.com/ I've met a lot of lovely ladies from Canada (and learned a lot). I totally think they have accents though

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a Canadian visiting from the link up! I love reading about American's perceptions of Canada/Canadians. It's funny you mention not having an accent because around here people can usually make a pretty good guess as to what part of Canada you're from based on your accent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the prompts everyday! They are sure to get your blogging juices pumping, such a good idea

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would so love to visit Canada someday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course we don't think we have accents, you can't hear your own accent! And I guess our Canada Day is our independence day, it's the day that Canada became a separate country within the British Empire.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know the answer to the Independence Day question, well kinda. Canada is there version of our Independence Day. Now do the mean the same thing, I'm not sure. But I do know that today was technically Canada's birthday. Also, they TOTALLY have accents. I've FaceTimed with Faith on multiple occasions and she is very accent-y. Especially when she says 'sorry'. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always wanted to go to Canada. I'm not really sure why, but it seems like a place that I would be very fond of.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for linking up! I'll do my best to answer your questions :)

    Does Canada have an independence day? (I know that the Queen is still considered the head of Canada, correct?)
    Yes ma'am - it's "Canada Day" aka yesterday aka why we had this link up. It's our nations birthday/anniversary of confederation

    What is the school system like? Kinder through 12th grade? Are colleges free?
    Primary - Grade 12 and then post education (university or college), and hellllll no it's not free - university is very expensive.

    Besides hockey, what is Canada's favorite sport?
    Hmmmm as a nation we don't really have another "favourite" but we'll watch anything and everything? We're really good at curling, so that may be the nations "second" sport...

    How did you survive without Happy Hour? (Yes, I've read up on your blog).
    Happy hour was only non-existent in the province I currently live in (British Columbia), it was legal in the rest of the country... thank god they finally came to their senses.

    Have you been to the States? What do you like or not like about it compared to Canada?
    I've been there many times! It's only a 3 hour drive to Seattle from where I live, so I try and make a trip a few times a year. I love how much cheaper everything is there, that's a HUGE plus for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with every day! I'm hoping I can do 10 at best ;) life's been crazy lately!

    ReplyDelete