July 6, 2014

Things That Annoy Me

My husband would say that everything bothers me and I make a big deal out of everything. I don’t agree with him, I think I’m just passionate about many things and have strong feelings and opinions about them. There are some things that are currently annoying me, though, so I thought I would share. 

  • I, along with all my co-workers, get so incredibly annoyed when the systems at work don’t work. They’ve gotten better since I began working here 18 months ago, but some days they are so slow that it makes our job very difficult if not impossible. 
  • Sometimes the Bloglovin’ app on my phone resets itself while I’m reading someone’s post. It’ll reset to “loading” or tell me I don’t have any unread posts – which never happens. I’m sure this only due to the shitty data collection I get at work from T-Mobile. 
  • Which leads to the next point: I hate T-Mobile. I switched from Verizon a few years ago because I needed something less expensive and my brother (who has been with them for 10 years) didn’t have any problems. For most of the time I didn’t have any trouble, but the last 18 months have made me grind my teeth. For some reason the only company that has decent service in our work building is Verizon. T-Mobile (for myself and all my co-workers) provides barely any data service. I can text and make phone calls, but when it comes to the internet? Sucks. Only 3 months left on my contract. Update! On July 5th Thomas and I went out and bought ourselves the GS5 on Verizon! Woohoo! Post to come with a review!
  • Which leads to this point: My phone is starting to show its age. I am ready for a new one that is faster and doesn’t freeze. My mouth waters at seeing the GS5. Three more months, that’s it! 
  • There are certain people around me that like to act like they know everything and that they can never be wrong. This leads them to never ask questions or to clarify new rules and regulations. This translates in them giving false information to our participants. Their attitude annoys me and as much as I try to ignore hearing what they say… it is very difficult when they are very loud. Also? I don’t understand how a person can ask questions and say things that I would also ask and say but in a way that pisses everyone off? Nine out of ten participants get upset at this person and either yell at them, ask for a supervisor… it’s horrible.
  • I’m also annoyed that although we’ve been married for more than 2 months (wow, totally skipped out remembering it was our 2 month anniversary) we still don’t have our marriage certificate (when writing marriage on paper I misspelled it 3 times!). Apparently the pastor forgot to write the county, city, and date of our marriage. The Country Recorder tried to contact us to fix it, but they had Thomas’ phone number and he couldn’t be reached in Argentina. The day we got back the certificate was back in our mail for us to finish filling out and return to them, which I did the next day. It’s been 3 weeks. Let’s cross our fingers!
  • It also annoys me that my hand writing sucks. Look at the following for example. I was writing my ideas down during work and everything is completely different! 



  • The lack of organization at my house also irks me. Why can’t everything just find a place to live and get there on its own? Why do I have to unpack everything and make it look pretty? 
  • When I lived with my parents my parents subsidized my Arrowhead bottled water drinkage. Now, in order to save some money, Thomas and I just use the water from the fridge. I bought some nice glass, BPA free water bottles from Costco to bring to work. For some reason it seems like that water does not stay as cold as the water in bottles did. This means I don’t drink a lot of water anymore. 
  • It’s also annoying that the World Cup games I want to watch aren’t all on weekends so I don’t have to worry about getting in trouble at work for being off the phone. However, it is nice to be able to watch portions of the game along with co-workers. I saw the 2nd US Goal along with a dozen co-workers. We had to be shushed we yelled so loudly.
  • Although I am used to this, it is still annoying that the doctor’s cannot find anything that makes my rib pain any better. I hate having to take so many medications and STILL be in pain. 
  • I have whole little thing that I have to say when I answer the phone at work. It ends with me asking them a yes or no question. Most of the time they don’t answer the question. They ask me a question, they tell me what they want, they ask for their worker. It annoys me to no end. It just boggles me that people can’t seem to understand my simple yes or no question. 


Okay, 12 is a good number to stop at. I’ve vented enough. Next will the post about things that brighten my days! 



No comments :

Post a Comment