July 9, 2014

Honeymoon Trip to Argentina

I know, I know! I have one more wedding post to go! I'm missing my pictures from the reception so I've been lagging on writing that post. In the meantime, here is a honeymoon post in its place!

Let's be honest here, you don't want to read about everything during my honeymoon trip and I don't want to write about it all. But we all love pictures, right? So let's recap the trip via all the pictures we took! 



This is us at LAX getting ready to leave on May 16th.


We don't look as excited 4 hours later looking toward a 10 hour flight to Argentina. 
Dallas, TX.


This is our first night in Argentina. We went to dine at a restaurant near the hotel. Thomas was surprised when someone had to unlock the door to the restaurant to let us in and then lock it after we went inside. 


This was the view from our hotel room in La Plata, Argentina (the city my family lives in). This is Plaza San Martin. My siblings used to play around the statue in the middle of the plaza. There are these types of plaza's every few blocks in La Plata.


This is the Cathedral in La Plata. It's just a couple of blocks away from where my aunt lived. It's in front of Plaza Moreno. It's a gorgeous church. You can take an elevator to the top of the tower. Unfortunately we didn't have a chance to do it during this trip. 


The woes of having strangers take your picture.


This is us posing with Manuelita, a well known character in Argentina. This is La Republica de los Ninos. An amusement type park in La Plata. Walt Disney visited this park before opening Disneyland and based some of Disneyland on what he saw here. For those of you who have been to Disneyland do these pictures look familiar:





Do we look like cousins?

All the pictures above except the first two were from our second day in Argentina. After visiting the cathedral and the amusement park with my cousin Paula and her boyfriend (I just found out that she is pregnant! Yay!) they did us the favor of driving us by the house my dad grew up in:


Compared to the other homes around this one - this one has been kept up very nicely which makes me happy. When I went to Argentina in 2008 with my dad we got to go in. My grandpa built the closets that are still in use in the house. 


On Monday we headed off to Iguazu Falls in northern Argentina in the Misiones Province. Iguazu Falls (or Las Cataratas de Iguazu) are amazing waterfalls that are bigger and wider than Niagara Falls. They've just been declared one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World.

I took a lot of pictures at airports. This is us heading to Iguazu.



Thank goodness for panoramic setting on my phone!


We got to take a boat into the falls and get completely soaked. It was one of the funnest things I've ever done. I hope I can do it again some day.







This place is called Garganta del Diablo - Devil's Throat.



Next time I'll post about our second day in Iguazu was actually going into Brazil. to see the falls from that side. 




1 comment :