July 21, 2014

Tired Monday Tales

I am tired. Maybe I'm getting sick? I spent most of Saturday organizing our office. I also unpacked some more boxes/bins that I had just brought over from my mom's house. It doesn't sound like a lot, but it took most of the day. I hate that the things that used to be so easy to do and that wouldn't leave me in pain, now do. 

On Sunday I knew I had to do some grocery shopping for the week. I received my amazing meal planner book on Friday (post AND GIVEAWAY coming soon! You can win your own meal planner!) and so I had to start using it right away. 

My mom and I left to go do grocery shopping at 9:45am and got back at about 12:45pm. My body couldn't take it any more. We had also done a walk in the morning (about 1.7 miles). Normally this isn't a problem for me... so that's why I'm wondering if I'm getting sick. But I'm so grateful that I was able to spend hours with my mommy doing things we both love to do - shopping!

The other reason it could be is that I've been in a lot of pain this weekend. I've been taking a medicine that might be causing hot flashes, so my doctor told me to be off of it this weekend to see if I kept having hot flashes - which I didn't. BUT not taking the medicine did leave me in excruciating pain and with all the lifting and working I did... it didn't help. But I'm grateful that I can move around and that I can be back on my medication plus some new lidocaine patches in the morning! 

Saturday was my parent's 46th Wedding Anniversary! We weren't able to be available on Saturday we (my parents, brother and his family, Thomas and I) went to the Olive Garden on Sunday (and of course no pictures were taken ;( - but I was very much not feeling well at that point and I just wanted to go home). As we were heading to the restaurant I had to make a left onto a busy street. There was a car that needed to make a left onto the street I was on. The nice lady waved me through so I could turn ahead of her. 

Which made me think of all the things we can be doing to PAY I FORWARD. I don't mean financially, although that would work as well. We live our daily lives, most of the time worrying about ourselves. Will I get to work on time? What will I have for lunch? Why is that car going so slow? Did I do the laundry? On and on. 

If we can stop once a day and do something nice for someone else... how great would that be? A smile for someone having a bad day or letting someone get in front of you in traffic because they have to make that turn. 

I found this link today off my Facebook which I thought was appropriate to my feelings this weekend. Check it out!

Let's be grateful for the things we can do for others to make them happy even if it just means saying good morning! Try that today!

In the meantime I'm linking up with...


Ameliorer la Vie



Grateful Heart Monday

8 comments :

  1. Way to go on turning some negatives into positives! Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't like spending time shopping with mom! I know it's one of my favorite things to do with my mom. We always know how to do some damage when shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you aren't getting sick! YAY for mother-daughter time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you aren't sick.

    I love shopping time with my Mom too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shopping with my mom is my fave - even if we don't buy anything, just that time together is the best. If you *are* getting sick, I hope you start feeling better ASAP! I'm so happy you linked up today, Kathy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to think positive girl!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love shopping with my mom - we only get to do it once a year or so but it's always such a great catch-up time. We chat the whole time and she's the queen of finding sales :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww don't get sick!! But good on you for thinking optimistically about the stuff going on in your life.

    ReplyDelete